Quality Assurance Quality Control Director (Closed)
The Quality Assurance Quality Control Director (QA QC) will be accountable for the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance and control systems in strict compliance with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations (CACR). The QA QC Director is required to support our grow team.
WHO WE ARE:
Kronic Relief Inc. is a privately held Canadian craft LP offering a suite of products, including dried flower, and in the future, edibles, concentrates, and topicals. We were a legacy market producer with over seven years of experience growing efficient, high-quality cannabis. With a “Perpetual Growth System” that produces a crop each week, and a wide variety of unique cultivars, we are committed to delivering a legacy market experience to the Canadian cannabis consumers.
WHO YOU ARE:
The ideal candidate is an extremely open minded individual who is committed to quality. You are a passionate person with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are dedicated to our customers and have an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Furthermore, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with our teams values.
- Ensure quality and compliance processes within all cannabis controlled areas;
- Promote dedication to cannabis regulations and regulatory requirements;
- Support day-to-day operations in compliance with Kronic Relief’s quality assurance requirements relating to Good Production Practices (GPP);
- Utilize company SOPs and receiving controls to manage incoming controlled materials;
- Verify fulfilled orders, including label verification or other defined characteristics;
- Verify product net weight – wet and dry, before and after;
- Create master labels, and verify actual labels against them;
- Execute routine cannabis area audits to ensure deficiencies are identified quickly;
- Identify deficiencies and communicate with all cross-functional departments;
- Carry out batch record reviews while on the shop floor;
- Conduct routine checks, sampling, line clearance, sanitation testing and in process testing;
- Assist with any deviations, out of specification investigations, corrective and preventative actions, and process revisions as required;
- Contribute to GPP inspections and follow up correspondence;
- Perform internal audits in conjunction with Health Canada (HC) regulations and internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) – Ensure inspection/audit readiness at all times;
- Support the development and writing of compliant SOPs for quality processes;
- Trouble shooting quality assurance issues;
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies and productivity;
- Facilitate vendor questions and general inquires regarding products, approvals and testing;
- Track and catalogue regulatory requirements with electronic records;
- Supervise destruction and other government regulated cannabis activities;
- Other duties as required;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology, Engineering, Life Sciences, Pharmacology, or equivalent;
- 2-3 years’ experience in quality assurance or related area within the pharmaceutical;
- healthcare or food/beverage industry;
- Experience in manufacturing operations, laboratory operations, document control, and quality management systems (deviation, CAPA, change control, batch record review);
- Understanding of equipment, manufacturing processes, maintenance, and quality standards;
- Demonstrated and thorough knowledge of GPP relative to HC, FDA, and other global regulations;
- Knowledge of ISO, HACCP, GFSI, or other quality systems is an asset;
- Ability to influence without authority;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adaptability – Able to respond to changing conditions, priorities, technology, and requirements;
- Available to work various weekday and/or weekend shifts, which may change. Your shift schedule may be subject to change based on business needs and customer demand;
- Applicants must complete the HC security clearance (SC) or already possesses a SC.
Candidates should have the ability to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items is occasionally required.
The day-to-day requirements of this job require the individual to be exposed to live cannabis plants, fresh or dried cannabis, packaged cannabis products and cannabis growing supplies. The working environment is noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own safety in noisy, warmer, or cooler conditions.
Full-time, Permanent, Minimum 8 hr shifts – Kronic Relief Inc. will hire one candidate for this position.
To be determined. At Kronic Relief Inc. we take pride in offering our employees competitive salaries.
The QA QC Director reports directly to the CEO/RPIC.
North York, ON (Keele & Lawrence)
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should send their resumes to the email listed below with subject “QA QC Director Position”. Closing date is May 1, 2022. Late applicants will be discarded without review. Thank you to everyone that applies to be a part of our great company.